Is a Home Warranty worth the cost?
Q: I am considering a home warranty plan, but I’m not sure if the cost is worth it. What are the benefits of a home warranty plan?
A: A home warranty plan provides protection from unexpected house repairs. Although plans vary, they frequently cover appliances, plumbing issues, ductwork, and other home items. Plans can cover a broken ceiling fan or a doorbell that stops working.
Consider these benefits:
- Peace of mind. A home warranty plan can save you a significant amount of money if an item is broken in your house.
- These plans offer protection for a variety of emergency situations, so you don’t have to worry about the expenses. Homeowners can avoid extra loans or debts by having a home warranty plan.
- The additional coverage from these plans can help you avoid bigger financial issues.
- Buyers prefer home warranties. If you plan to sell your home, then buyers are more likely to consider it if you have a home warranty plan. Such a plan is an attractive amenity.
- Combine multiple issues for one home service fee. If you’re able to combine multiple home repairs into one call, then you can save money on the service fees.
- Home warranty plans have small service fees each time you call for help and a worker comes to your house. By combining multiple issues into one call, you can get all the repairs done for one fee.
Home warranty plans can vary, but there are several benefits to having them. They can help you cover unexpected repairs and broken items in the house.